Your customers are the core of your freelance business. Accounts/Clients in Aritic Sales CRM typically hold all information specific to a company that your company will have a relationship.The real world terms Account may be a business element that is a qualified Customer, Sales Prospect, Re-seller or Supplier and can be used to record all interactions that take place between these elements and your company. Note that the relationship between the Account and contact records is one-to-many; likewise, there can be many contacts associated with a single account.
In Aritic Sales CRM, a Contact is an individual who is typically associated with an Account (company) or Opportunity (qualified prospects). For instance, if Apple is the Account, then Joseph Christian, Apple’s Sales Manager is the Contact. Here, the module holds all information describing to these individuals and also provides a vantage point for any history relating to a Contact, for instance, if they sent you an Email.
The List Accounts
The List Accounts page is a listing page that presents a summary of all your customers in a user-friendly table record. Imagine the Accounts page as the “central station” of your customer activity. Most of your daily invoicing actions taken from the buttons and various links that show up on the Accounts page. You can use the Accounts page as the origin point to explore more in-depth customer information, view client estimates, view client projects, and rest of the details. Let us have a look at the setup of the Client page, and range of functions available to you on the Accounts page.
Click to the primary sidebar and go to the Accounts tab, to view your client list page.
Here, the Clients page presents a list summary of all your current clients in a table method. The main entities of the table comprise:
- Name: Name of the client
- Contact Person: Name of the primary contact person
- Email: Client email address
- Balance: Client’s payment balance
- Expenses: Client’s unbilled expenses
So, now you have taken on a new client?
The Clients list is at the heart of your invoicing activity, so it’s essential to maintain current information of all your clients. When you begin to work with a new client, the first thing you will need to do is add the new client by entering their contact information and business information.
On creating and saving a new client to your Accounts list, ensure to have the related, up-to-date information on hand. You only want to fill the data once. Aritic Sales CRM automatically tracks all invoicing, activity, estimates, payment, and projects of each customer.
To individually create accounts.
In the Accounts module, click to create a new account (Create button).
In the Create Account page, fill the account information.
Click on Save button.
Create Account page further divides into four sections. Fill the information in the relevant records.
Let us have a look at each section below:
General: Enter details about your client’s business/organization/company, including the company name, email, fax number, tags (optional), and contact person.
Contact: Enter contact information related to your client that includes the phone number, currency, logo (optional), address, and a preferred locale.
Web: Enter your client website data or social media.
Custom Fields: If there are any custom records for clients, it shows in this field.
Account Overview Page
As soon as you create an account, one can view the account details in the record’s details page. The details page of an account presents details related to the Account – for example, invoices, contacts, deals, payments, expenses, subscriptions, projects, and more- in a single place.
As you enter the client’s street address, a Google map appears below the detail section showing the client’s location.
Invoices section shows all the clients’ list accompanying data and invoices.
- Invoice Reference: Invoice number
- Date Issued: Date the invoice created
- Amount: Invoice amount
- Balance: Invoice balance
- Due Date: Date the payment is due
- Status: Status of the invoice (Draft, Sent, Viewed, Paid, Overdue, Not Paid)
Now you can also create a new invoice for the client via the Create button of the Invoices section that appears at the top left.
The Payments section shows all the clients’ list of accompanying information and payments.
- Transaction reference: Reference number of the transaction
- Method: Payment method (i.e., Paypal, Stripe, Cash, etc.)
- Amount: Payment amount
- Date: Date the payment made
- Currency: Currency used in the payment
Projects section shows all the clients’ list of accompanying information and projects.
- Title: Invoice number
- Expenses: Total expenses for the project
- Start Date: Start date of the project
- Amount: Total cost of the project
- Progress: Project progress in percentage
- Due Date: Date the project is due
- Status: Status of the project (Active, Done, On Hold)
Estimates section shows all the clients’ list accompanying information and estimates.
- Estimate Reference: Estimate number
- Date Issued: Date the estimate created
- Amount: Estimate figure of the amount
- Viewed: An icon showing whether the client has seen an estimate
- Due Date: Date the estimate is due
- Status: Status of the estimate (Draft, Sent, Approved, Rejected, Overdue, Pending)
You can also create a new estimate for the client via the Create button of the estimates section that appears at the top left.
Expenses section shows all the clients’ list accompanying information and expenses.
- Expense reference: Reference number of the expense
- Category: Expense category (i.e., Housing, Marketing, etc.)
- Amount: Expense amount
- Date: Date the cost incurred
- Invoiced: Whether the expense invoiced
- Currency: Currency used in the expense
The Files section shows all the clients’ associated files in a list.
The subscriptions section shows all the clients’ subscriptions in a list.
Click the Update button, at the top right corner of the page. You will now come to the Account/Update page, where you can edit any of the fields records.
Deleting the Client
You can delete the specific client directly from their Client Overview page. Click on the trash symbol at the right-hand side of the Update Client button.