The Estimates allow you to make and send an approximate outline of your Items or Freelancer Services to your customers for approval before starting to work on it. The customer can then Accept the Estimate for approval before converting it into an Invoice automatically, or you can move ahead and convert it yourself to begin to collect the payment.
The Estimates List
As a freelancer, many jobs – either big or small – will start as an estimate. How does that mean? Well, a customer expresses interest in your products or skills but wants to know how much it will cost, in advance. With the estimates feature of Aritic Sales CRM, you can create a price estimate, and send it to the client upfront, help them to make the decision and to commit. It also enables you to keep a record of your income and projected work schedule.
Aritic Sales CRM enables you to create an invoice once the client agrees on the price quotation. To import all the estimate data automatically, you can organize, trace, and link your estimates and invoices.
Click on the Accounting tab in the primary sidebar to view your estimates list page, and choose Estimates from the drop-down menu. It will display the Estimates list page.
Estimates list table contains the columns as under:
- Estimate: Number of the Estimate
- Client: Name of the client
- Status: Current status of the Estimate (Pending, Invoiced, Approved )
- Due Date: Last date that the Estimate is valid and the client accepts
- Amount: Total amount of the Estimate.
- Created At: Date of the estimate creation
To create a new estimate, move to the Estimates tab in the primary sidebar, and click the Create button. It will show the Create /Estimates page offering a series of numerical and text inputs.
Note that every new Estimate you create will automatically number chronologically. It ensures that your records are kept organized and logical. (You have the option to change the Estimate number in Settings – Estimate Settings manually).
The form contains:
- Title: The Estimate Title, e.g., Symphony Website Design
- Client: Click on the arrow to the right end of the Client section. Choose the relevant customer from the client list.
- Due Date: Date when the Estimate expires.
- Currency: The Estimate currency.
- Discount: Apply discount to an estimate is similar to applying a discount to an invoice.
- Tax 1: Tax 1 total in percentage.
- Tax 2: Tax 2 total in percentage.
- Tags: Enter the multiple tags for the estimates, e.g., logos, website, etc. (Optional)
- Notes: Want to fill in the information to appear as a footer on the Estimate? Enter it here. The text will show at the bottom of the estimates.
You can attach a current deal or new deal to an estimate. Once the client approves your Estimate, the deal checked as Won.
Once you have completed creating your Estimate, click on the Save Button and you will redirect to the estimate page so that you can fill your services/products in there.
- Product/Item: It is the name of the item for which you are billing. You can either manually enter the details, or start typing and pick already invoiced items.
- Description: Add more details about the item. It will help the client better understand the job done, and is also useful for your reference in the future.
- Unit Price: Amount you charge per unit of product. For instance, let us say your item is “1 hour consulting”, and you charge $70 per hour of consulting – i.e., for one item-unit. Then you will want to enter 70 in the Unit Price field.
If you have chosen a set product from the autocomplete list, the description and unit price that you pre-define in your previous invoice will apply by default. Now you can manually overlap the default unit price or description by clicking on the field and updating the information.
- Quantity: The number of units charged. Continuing the above example, let us say you need to charge for 2 hours of consulting, in the Quantity field enter the number 2.
- Tax Rate: Note: To apply tax on the line product, click the arrow at the right side of the Tax field and choose the relevant tax from the drop-down list.
- Discount: It is the discount percentage you need to apply for the particular line item.
To save the site, click on the Save button.
Under and the right of the line item section, you will see the Totals section:
- Subtotal: It is the amount due before other figures take into the calculation, such as Discounts, Tax, etc.
- Tax 1: Tax 1 Amount for the Estimate.
- Tax 2: Tax 2 Amount for the Estimate.
- Discount: The discounted amount.
- Total: The sum of the amount for the Estimate
The Estimate Page
- Show Estimate to client button: Use this button to show/hide Estimate to the client.
- Activity button: Click to see the Estimate history.
- Set Reminder button: Add a custom reminder to get alert. e.g., Reminder to send Estimate
- Comments button: Here, add estimate comments.
- More button: Access additional estimate options including or deleting or updating Estimate.
- Send button: Email the Estimate directly via Aritic Sale CRM system to the email address specified for the customer.
- Mark as Accepted: Estimate status will change to accept.
- Mark as Declined: Estimate status will change to declined.
- Delete: Click on Delete button to delete the Estimate. It will eliminate and remove from the estimates list page
- Share button: Displays a link so that you can send to your customer to learn the Estimate.
- PDF button: Use this to download a PDF version of the Estimate
Convert to Invoice
Click on the Convert button to convert it to an Invoice, once the client accepts an estimate.
You can set an estimate to automatically convert to an invoice in Settings -> Estimate Settings.
Convert Estimate to Project
It is to convert Estimate to project once approved by the customer. Click to Settings -> Estimate Settings and check Estimate to Project check box.
You can attach estimate documents with the folder icon at the top right side of the invoice on the top navigation.
Email Estimate Preview
Click on the Send button when you want to send an estimate to the customer. A pop-up box will open before the estimate email is sent, and will display a preview of the email. You can add a new comment to the email here.
Customize the Estimate Email Template
For customizing the email template, go to Settings – Translations and click on the Emails button on the top navigation and choose the locale you want to change.
You can easily customize any email template, that includes First Reminder, Second Reminder, Third Reminder emails, and invoice emails. The English version variables are named in action, message format (dot notation) and module. E.g., if you need to edit the message when you send an estimate, see for a variable named estimates.sending.body. For editing the sent message subject, alter the value of estimates.sending.subject.
To know when the client views the Estimate or is due so that you can take the right actions to maintain floating cash.
Reuse items as much as you want
We all know recycling is for good. So let us not waste time and effort writing in the same prices if pieces/services over and over again? Once you add your items to an estimate/invoice, you will want only to start entering in your estimates to view them.
If you want to make an action for several estimates, you can do within a click with the bulk action feature. To use the bulk action feature, mark the essential estimates in their checkbox at the far left of the estimates list. Once you have marked the estimates, pick an action to perform on them in the buttons below the estimates list page.
Send: Send selected estimates by email to client(s).
Archive: Archive selected estimates.
Delete: Delete selected estimates.