The Invoices allow you to bill a Client for your services or products, and help you keep a record of your income in Aritic Sales CRM. Every invoice paid means more revenue coming to your business. Now create and send professional invoices to your customers within seconds. As soon as you have entered the client and tax details, a series of actions like send an invoice to the client via email, from saving a draft to printing a PDF hard copy.
The life of an invoice in Aritic Sales CRM system is made up of several phases:
- Draft/Hidden: When you have created an invoice, but have not sent it yet.
- Sent: You have sent the invoice, but the client has not paid yet.
- Viewed: Client has opened the invoice email and viewed the invoice.
- Partial: Invoice partially paid.
- Paid: Congratulations! A client has paid the full invoice amount.
- Not Paid: Invoice remains unpaid.
- Overdue: Invoice has passed its due date.
On the invoices list page you will see a table with the columns as under;
Invoice #: Number of the invoice
Client Name: Name of the client
Status: Current status of the invoice (Draft, Sent, Viewed, Partial, Paid, Not Paid, Overdue)
Due Date: Date of the Payment due
Amount: Total amount of the invoice
Balance: Amount owed by the client (after credits and other adjustments are calculated)
For creating a new invoice, go to the Invoices tab on the primary sidebar, and click on the Button + Create. It will open the Invoices / Create page offering a series of numerical and text inputs.
Kindly note that each new invoice created by you will automatically number in chronological order. It will make sure your records are kept organized and logical. You can manually change the invoice number in Settings, i.e., Invoice Settings.
The form contains:
- Ref No: The auto-assigned invoice number
- Title: The Invoice Title, e.g., Ilogix Website Design (optional)
- Client: Click the arrow at the right end of the Client field. Choose the appropriate client from the client list
- Tax 1: Tax 1 number in percentage
- Tax 2: Tax 2 number in percentage
- Discount: The Discount as a monetary amount or percentage.
- Late Fee: The Percentage or amount that applies if the client doesn’t make invoice payment on time.
- Extra Fee: If there is any other for the invoice, add it as percentage or amount.
- Currency: The Invoice currency. If you choose Client Default Currency, the chosen client’s money is in use.
- Tags: Fill multiple tags for the invoices, e.g., website, logos, etc.
- Payment methods: Select the appropriate payment methods you want your client to pay. Every enabled payment methods present to the client as options, so she/he can select the payment method.
You can create a new customer while creating a new invoice at the same time. Click on the Create new client link, located on the top left side of the Create page. A pop-up modal will open and enable you to complete the new client’s information. Then continue creating the invoice for the new customer.
You will need to enter your Merchant Account if you use Braintree.
- Partial Payment Terms: If you want to enable partial payments, enter the phases that pay the invoice within their due dates. For instance, 50% – Due 01-03-2019 and 50% – Due 02-03-2019. If you require client pay an invoice at one shot, enter the total amount and the due/deadline date.
- Notes: Want to fill information to appear as a footer on the invoice? Enter it here. The text will show at the bottom of the invoice.
Once you finish creating your invoice, click on Save Button. Now on the invoice page, you can enter your services/product to bill for your customer.
- Product/Item: This is the name of the item you are billing. You can either manually enter the information, or start typing and pick already invoiced products.
- Description: Add more details about the product. It will help the client understand the job done, and is also useful for your reference.
- The Unit Price: The amount you charge per unit of products. For instance, let us say your item is “2 hours consulting”, and you charge $50 for an hour of consulting which is, for one item-unit. Then you will want to enter 80 in the Unit Price entity.
If you have chosen a set item from the autocomplete list, the description and unit price that you have pre-defined in your previous invoice will apply by default. Manually, you can override the default unit price or description by clicking on the field and change the data.
- The Quantity: The number of units charged. Continuing the above example, let’s say you want to charge for 4 hours of consulting, enter the number 4 in the Quantity entity.
- The Tax Rate: Note: For applying tax to the line item, click the arrow at the right side of the Tax field and choose the relatable tax from the drop-down list.
- The Discount: This is the discount percentage you need to apply for the particular line item.
Click the Save button to save the product.
On the right of the line item and beneath section, you will find the Totals section:
- Subtotal: This is the number due before other figures taken into calculation, such as Discounts, Credits, Tax, and more.
- Tax 1: Tax 1 invoice rate
- Tax 2: Tax 2 invoice rate
- The Payment Done: The value paid to date, including credits and partial payments.
- Balance: The concluding balance owed to you, after credits, taxes, and partial payments deducted from the charged total.
- Button Show to the client: Use this button to show/hide invoice to the client.
- Button Pay Invoice: Click this button to make Payment to an Invoice.
- Button Email: Email the invoice directly via Workice system to the email address specified for the client.
- Button Activity: Click to view invoice history.
- Button Set Reminder: Add custom reminder and get alert. e.g., Reminder to send an invoice
- Button Comments: Add invoice comments here.
- Button More: Access additional invoice options, including deleting invoice and updating.
- Mark Sent: As you mark an invoice as sent, then the only client can view the invoice on the client portal, and the client balance updated with the revised the invoice total.
- Mark Paid: You can manually mark the invoice as paid. You may need to do this if you are not entering the Payment directly into the system.
- The Delete Invoice: For deleting the invoice click here. It gets deleted and removed from the Invoices list.
- Button Share: Displays a link that you can send to the client to access the invoice.
- Button PDF: Download a PDF version of the invoice.
- Button As Client: You can impersonate a client and view the invoice as a client.
The Email Invoice Preview
When you are want to send an invoice to the client, click the Email Invoice button. A pop-up box will appear, displaying a preview of the email, before the invoice email sent. Here, you can add additional comment or message to the email.
The Invoice Email Template Customization
To customize the email template, click to Settings – Translations and click Emails Button located on the top side and select the locale you need to edit.
One can customize any email template, that includes invoice emails, and emails of First Reminder, Second Reminder, and Third Reminder. The English version variables named into the module, message format (dot notation) and action. E.g., if you need to modify the message sent when you send an invoice, search for a variable named invoices.sending.body. To alter the sent message subject, change invoices.sending. subject value.
The Instant Notification
You can know when an invoice is viewed, gets paid, or becomes due so you can take the right action to manage your funds flow. Set up an invoice reminder or notification to automatically email your clients when is Payment due/deadline.
Reuse items as much as you want
We know recycling is a good thing, so why waste time and effort writing in the same items and prices over and over? As you add your items to an invoice, you will only need to start typing in your invoices to see them pop up.
The Auto Reminders
You can save yourself the hassle-time and automate your client interactions! An invoice reminder is an automatic email note to remind your client that an invoice is coming due or that it is overdue. It is an excellent method to stay on top of telling your clients that they should make the Payment soon.
You can use Aritic Sales CRM send reminders that invoices will be due to be paid soon, and we call these Upcoming Reminders. You can also have Aritic Sales CRM send reminders that invoices are overdue, and we call them Overdue Reminders.
The Upcoming Reminder
To send invoice reminders before the due day, got to modify Settings > Invoice Settings > Upcoming reminders. Default is three days.
Now change to the number of days you want to send a reminder before the due day.
Example; Setting it to 3 days will send invoice reminders three days before invoice overdue date.
The Overdue Reminders
To enable Invoice Overdue Reminders, click to Settings > Invoice Settings > Send Overdue Emails and activate here.
Once you have got these reminders set up, you need not do anything else. Aritic Sales CRM will continue to send these reminders on the schedule set until you get paid or until end of time, whichever comes earliest.
Change the number of days to send each invoice reminder in the Settings menu- Go to Invoice Settings. You may also set a penalty to apply on the third Reminder of the schedule.
Being a busy freelancer, you work for various customers. Some jobs are one-off, but remaining are ongoing, either on a weekly or monthly basis. Aritic Sales CRM recurring invoice feature automatically generates invoices sends the current invoice to the client on a regular for ongoing jobs on the pre-defined note. For every recurring role, you only need to set up the procedure for one time.
To make a recurring invoice, edit the invoice and select the Recur Every drop-down. You can also set it to recur every week, month, quarter, six months, and annual. Choose the start date and a date when the invoice should stop recurring (End Date).
To stop a recurring invoice, change Recur Every field to None and modify the invoice.
The Reminders are sent based on the due date of the invoice.
To enable/disable sending invoices immediately they recur, go to Settings – Invoice Settings and enable/disable Email on Recur checkbox.
As the invoices from this invoice created, you will see an overview of the invoice page which invoices generated from this invoice at the Child Invoices link.
Apply Credit Notes
Now as an invoice has recurred, you can select to apply customer credits to the invoice when you enable this feature from Settings > Invoice Settings > Apply Credits.
The Bulk Actions
When you need to act on several invoices, you can do it in a click with the bulk action feature. To apply the bulk action feature, mark the relevant invoices in their checkbox at the far left of the invoices list. Once you have marked the invoices, select an action to perform on them in the buttons below the invoice list page.
- Send: Send selected invoices by email to the customer(s).
- Mark as Paid: Mark the selected invoices as paid.
- Archive: Archive the selected invoices.
- Delete: Delete the selected invoices.