Aritic Sales CRM handles your entire freelance invoicing procedure– from sending a quotation, filing invoice to your client, to receiving payment. Moreover, you can accept payments directly and automatically via Aritic Sales CRM supported gateways that enable smooth management of your user accounts using your choice of the payment provider.
Payments list page shows a summary of all payments once made. You can record payments in two manners:
- Automatic payment: It is the case when your client pays you via any of the supported payment gateways, that amount gets automatically recorded in the Payments list. You get a notification on your dashboard page in the notification fragment, and also via email (if you have enabled it).
- Manual payment: It is the case when a client pays you via cash, check, credit card, bank transfer, or any other payment method not linked to Aritic Sales CRM, you will manually need to enter the payment on the Create page/Payments.
Whether manual entry or automatic or, the Payments list page shows all payments collected in a user-friendly table format view. Now, we will take you through the Payments table from left to right across the various columns:
- Code: Transaction reference number.
- Client Name: Client’s name
- Payment Date: Payment Received Date
- Invoice Date: Issue Date of the Invoice
- Amount: Payment Amount Received
- Method: Method of Payment, ie. PayPal, Visa, Bank Transfer, etc
The partial online payments received is simpler than you think. Your client has the option to enter an amount less than the invoice number while making an online payment. When the amount is successfully processed, it applies to the invoice, and the status of the invoice is updated as “Partially Paid.” There are three options a client can make a partial payment:
- Minimum Due: The user can choose to pay the minimum amount due to keep the account running
- Full Amount: Client can make full invoice amount payment at one shot
- Other Amount: Customer enters the payment amount in the input
Refund a Payment
In case you need to refund a payment, go to the appropriate amount in the Payments list, and then click on the payment. Click on Refund button and mark the transaction as refunded.
You can download a payment receipt by clicking on Receipt button in the payment overview page.
Creating a New Payment Manually
For creating a new payment, go to the Invoices list page and choose the invoice to pay. Now click on the Pay button, and you can see several fields.
- Amount: The invoice amount will automatically appear by default. However, if the payment amount does not match the default invoice amount, you can manually Enter the amount of payment initiated
- Payment Date: Date the Payment was Received
- Payment Type: Select the payment mode used. Choose the appropriate method from the list. Options include Bank Transfer, Cash, Braintree, Stripe, PayPal, check, Razorpay, and more
- Receipt: Check this option to enabled upload of the Payment Receipt.
- Send Email: Enable it to send a thank you email
- Notes: Here, you can add any notes or comments
In case if you need to act for several payments, you can do it with the bulk action feature within a click. To use the bulk action feature, mark the relevant transactions in their checkbox at the far left of the payment list. Once you have marked the transactions, choose an action to perform on them in the buttons under the payments list page.
- Archive: Archive selected transactions
- Delete: Delete selected transactions