Troubleshoot contact imports
- The list file must be in CSV format, other may cause troubles while importing.
- In the case of boolean values like doNotEmail or custom boolean field, use values true, 1, on or yes as the TRUE value. Anything else will be considered false.
- In case of date/time values, use YYYY-mm-dd HH:ii:ss format i.e. 2017:01:02 19:08:00. Other formats may work too, but it may cause troubles.
- Name the column names the same as Aritic contact custom field names. This way Aritic automatically pre-selects the mapping for you.
- If your CSV contains thousands of contact or more, divide such CSV into several smaller CSV files to avoid memory issues and slow import speed.
- If you import Do Not Contact values, then it will be stored as a manual unsubscription. It’s the same thing as if the contact was marked as Do Not Contact from the administration.