The .js code can be added to your website footer, just before the </body> tag closes to get all the tracking information. The tracking information is automatically merged with your contacts’ profiles, based on which you can trigger relevant marketing automation workflow campaigns.
Having this tracking pixel enabled from your website / CMS, helps you to track all user/ lead/ customer behavior on your website in real time. These data merges with each user profile, helps you to execute all kind of automation campaigns including, behavior-based, event and trigger-based marketing campaigns from automation campaign.
Setting up your tracking code
If you are on WordPress, Joomla or Drupal CMS, you can use the Aritic PinPoint plugin to get your tracking code.
Follow the below steps to get started adding the tracking on your website:
1. Login to your Aritic PinPoint Dashboard.
2. On the top right corner of Aritic PinPoint, click on “Setting”.
4. Scroll down to Tracking Settings option and click on it.
5. Scroll down to find the 3rd Part Website Tracking Code option as shown below.
If you have already added the tracking code, you can verify if it is working correctly or not. To ensure it functions smoothly, make the following changes in the Settings:
Enable “Identify returning visitor by device fingerprint” option, in order to track the leads in advance mode. Also, you can enable “Track visitor by IP“.
P.S.: You can enable these settings when you are setting up your tracking code for the first time.
Note: Every CMS or website is structured differently. Hence, you may face issues even after following the exact installation steps. If you are not sure of how to access your HTML code, take help from your IT department or technical person or webmaster.
Installing tracking code on WordPress Website without WordPress Plugin:
If you have a website hosted on WordPress, you can install the tracking code manually too.
1. Follow the above steps to copy the Aritic PinPoint JS tracking code. Then login to your WordPress account.
2. On the left sidebar menu, click on Appearance and then Editor. In the list of theme files on the right side of the editor, select Footer.
3. Paste the tracking code as shown below (just before </body>) and click on Update File option.
Manually Installing Tracking Code on your Shopify Website:
You can follow these steps to add the tracking code on your Shopify Website
1. Follow the above steps to copy the tracking code.
2. Login to your Shopify admin dashboard. On the left sidebar menu, click on Online Stores >> Themes. From there Actions dropdown menu, select Edit Code. Select the theme.liquid file for your theme. Refer to the image below.
3. Now, paste the Aritic PinPoint tracking code just before the </body> tag in this file and Save.
To track cart items inside Aritic PinPoint for Shopify platform, add following script to Themes > Sections > cart-template.liquid file for your theme.
This will look like this-
To track the orders from checkout inside Aritic PinPoint for Shopify platform, add following script to Settings > Checkout > Additional Scripts section.
Add this script:
Manually installing tracking code on Drupal Site:
1. Follow the above steps to copy the tracking code. Login to your Drupal admin dashboard. In the navigation menu, click on Structure >> Blocks. Refer to the image below for clarity.
2. Click on +Add Block option and enter new fields for your block. Paste the tracking code in the BODY FIELDS. Take note in the image below:
3. Text Format should be Basic HTML.
4. Region should be Footer under Active Theme (in certain version of Drupal).
5. Save the setting of this Block.
Manually installing tracking code on a Wix Site:
To install the Aritic PinPoint tracking code on your Wix website, you’ll need to use the App Market in Wix to add an HTML widget to your page.
PS: Because Wix does’t support custom coding, the Aritic PinPoint tracking code must be added to each Wix page using an HTML iFrame.
1. Copy the Aritic PinPoint tracking code; follow the above steps.
2. Install the tracking code on your Wix site
Follow the instructions below to learn how to add that tracking code to your Wix site:
- Navigate to your Wix account where you can edit your website.
- On the left-hand side, click App Market.
- From this window, search for html until you find HTML iFrame/Embed app made by Wix and click + Add to Site.
- Once this widget has been added to your site, click the Settings (gear) icon within this module and click the radio button next to Code. Then insert your Aritic PinPoint tracking code into the text box within that window and click Update.
Manually installing tracking code on Joomla Site:
The first step is to copy the tracking code from your Aritic PinPoint account.
Follow these steps adding the tracking code directly to Joomla:
1. Login to your Joomla account as an administrator.
2. Click on Extensions >> Templates >> Templates.
3. Click on name of your template and select index.php in the left sidebar menu.
4. Paste the tracking code just before the </body> tag >> Save.
Manually installing tracking code using Google Tag Manager:
Given the condition that, you have already added the Google Tag Manager container code to your website. Follow these steps:
1. Copy the tracking code from your Aritic PinPoint account.
2. In a new browser or tab, login to your Google Tag Manager account >> Container >> Tags (left sidebar menu) >> New.
3. Click on Tag Configuration >> choose HTML tag for Tag Type >> give your Tag a Name >> paste the tracking code in the HTML field.
4. From Advance Settings, select “Once Per Page” from “Tag Firing Option”.
5. Click on Triggering below Tag Configuration to set up firing rules. You MUST set this up in order to fire the tag and collect analytics data. You can follow this flow:
Recommended: Set up firing rules for all pages with Google tag manager code installed. Select All Pages under Choose a trigger option.
6. Click on Save to save the new tag >> Click Publish to save container and tags.
P.S. If you have already done this, install Google Tag Manager on your website.
The website visitors who have not submitted their contact detail (email, name, etc.) they remain as “Anonymous Contacts” inside Aritic PinPoint and once the same visitor submits their detail, Aritic PinPoint automatically merge both the Anonymous behavior and identified behaviors for the contact into single contact profile.
Check this knowledge base to understand how anonymous contacts are tracked.