Once you have completed the configuration of Facebook Pixel and / or Google Analytics ID (for Google Adwords) integration inside Aritic PinPoint, you will get a feature inside your Automation Campaign to send an event trigger to these re-marketing lists after a page is being visited by a contact from the the automation campaign flow.
Follow these steps to build an automation workflow to Sync Google Analytics (Google Ads) and/ or Facebook Pixel Ad Event list:
1. To automatically send the Google Analytics and/ or Facebook Pixel Ad Event for a contact from Automation Campaign, head over to an automation campaign workflow and inside the Decision, add “Visit a Page” decision. Add the page conditions where you want to tack a visit by the contact flowing through automation campaign workflow.
2. After adding the decision, now you can add an Action called Send Tracking Event to the decision.
3. Now, from the pop-up screen you can add event triggers, select the “Facebook” and/ or “Google Analytics” from Services.
4. You can add additional Category, Action and Label events from this screen.
Once above setup is complete inside an Automation Campaign workflow, depending upon a contact’s page visit decision from the campaign workflow, these custom event will be sent to Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel automatically.
View the Google Analytics Event Inside your Google Ads Account:
If you complete the integration of your Google Analytics Event and Google Ads account and Aritic PinPoint properly and above workflow works well for a segment of contacts, then you can view the contact inside your Google Analytics Events.
1. Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Navigate to Behavior > Events > Overview from left menu.
Here you will view the Event Category, Event Action and Event Label which you had defined in above step 4 of Aritic PinPoint Workflow.
3. In above view you will get the Google Analytics Events; but the goal here is to re-target ads to your contact from your Google Ads Re-targeting list. To accomplish this, Sign in to your Google Ads account and navigate to Audience Manager.
4. On Audience Manager screen, Add Filter for Data Source – Google Analytics. This filter shows all the availabe Google Analytics Event Segments inside the Audience Manager of Google Ads.
Now you can use these different Audience Segments / Lists built from Google Analytics Events for advertising to the contact pixel ids’ sent from Aritic PinPoint.
Note: Aritic PinPoint never share contact email address/ PII information to Google Analytics/ Google Ads. It is the tracking pixels ids which is getting shared across these different systems.
Note: Category will only work for Google Analytics.