With all the reports of inbox overloading and deliverability issues, emails were supposed to get a setback; until the reports of Q4 2016 hit the internet. According to the report from Experian–
A 14% rise in email volume was noted in Q4 2016 as compared to the same quarter the previous year. There was also a spike in the revenue per email value from $0.06 in Q3 2016 to $0.08 in Q4 2016. The trend continued in 2021 with 4.3% rise in email volume per day.
This report makes it evident that email marketing is on the rise and marketers will see results if done properly. Since the open rates and revenue per email have not dipped, we can keep getting better at our email campaigns. The internet is full of email marketing resources. All you need to do is start using them efficiently, effectively, and intelligently. To follow suit, we have put together some handy email marketing resources that will simplify your marketing process.
Before we proceed to the email marketing resources, here’s a disclaimer. The report mentioned above also indicates a rise in bounce rate to 2.5% from 1.9%, and unsubscribe rate from 0.09% to 0.1%. Does that mean these resources will be a waste? Nope! MediaPost recently took to analyze this report and derive a rather positive conclusion (and it makes sense too!).
According to MediaPost, the rise in a number of unsubscribes and bounce rate is a ‘boon in disguise.’ It is almost like people who are not interested are switching off their email accounts. At the same time, email marketers are just getting better with their campaigns and outreach programs.
Coming back to email marketing resources, we will first take a look at the various tools available to get going with an email campaign.
Email Marketing Tools
There are innumerable tools available for different aspects, like email list building, list cleaning, list validation, conversion tracking, and analytics. Here are few good ones:
Email Campaigns List Building Tools
Innumerable case studies reveal that growing email lists for your blog is directly related to having a popup. Popups work ideal for blogs, and there are few great tools to do that:
- OptinMonster: You can place your opt-in form at various positions in your blog. For instance, floating footer bars or sidebars or full page covers.
- Bounce Exchange: This lets you show a popup exactly at the moment when your visitor is about to exit without signing up or subscribing. For example, when your reader hovers the mouse on the ‘back’ option, this triggers the popup to appear.
- List Builder: This is a WordPress plugin and helps you capture email addresses of your readers.
These are few tools that let you create popups. But these popups kind of block the reading material when they appear.
- To avoid that, you can use Unpop. This is also a WordPress plugin. It triggers a popup as a set but does not block the blog content. However, that doesn’t mean it is invisible to your readers.
Apart from pop-ups, there are many other applications that help in list building. You can try
- Aritic: An all-in-one marketing automation application. You can simply copy paste forms or create customized opt-in forms to use.
- Drip: Another marketing automation tool that lets you gather email addresses. Drip marketing can save a lot of time by creating a detailed 5-day email course for you. This is based on your previous blogs and ebooks.
- Visual Website Optimizer: This is a simple tool that lets you optimize your opt-in form placing by testing it. You can also do a lot more that just creating and testing opt-in forms.
- Woorise: An all-in-one lead generation platform that allows you to create a wide range of interactive campaigns such as promotions, landing pages, forms, surveys, quizzes and more to collect leads and engage your audience.
Email List Validation Tools
After you grow your list, it is essential to validate the authenticity of your list now and then. ESPs often blacklist senders whose email lists are junked up with dormant or fake addresses. Email marketing resources list is incomplete without these tools:
9 . BriteVerify
Still Not an User of Aritic PinPoint Automation?
11. Quick Email Verification
List Cleaning Tools for your Email Campaigns
When you are looking for email marketing resources, you cannot skip list cleaning tools. It is very important to ensure that your list is updated and clean. Else, your email campaigns will show high bounce rates. And that is not good for your email reputation. Mailbox providers often block such email senders. So, before you get entrapped in such a situation, here are few list email list cleaning tools to take note of:
14. Hubuco: Hubuco identifies email addresses as deliverable, risky, undeliverable or unknown. You can also check the quality of each email address with the Hubuco Sendex Score feature.
15. MailGet: The inbuilt cleaning process at MailGet ensures a clean email list. It also helps in maintaining the lists’ hygiene. Any and every duplicate email address are also removed.
16. Quick Email Verification: Yes, you guessed it right. By validating the email addresses, it helps in cleaning the list. It checks the email address syntax, followed by MX record checking. Then detecting role address occurs, followed by detecting the DEA. At last, the existence of a mailbox is done.
17. ListWise: This tool is built by Optimizely and helps in cleaning out duplicate emails. It removes bounce and invalid emails and also fixes common typo errors in email addresses.
Analytics and Conversion Tracking Tools
How will you know whether your emails are catalyzing conversions or not? In order to track the conversions happening from your emails, you will need to integrate your email platform with your analytics platform. Here are some tools to help you-
18. Google Analytics: The first has to be Google Analytics. Although it seems a little difficult to understand initially, Google Analytics is by far the best we have in the market. You can install a tracking code and analyze the conversion rates. However, the cons of using Google Analytics include setting up metrics to track data. That’s why marketers often turn to other available tools.
19. Aritic: Aritic provides real-time analytics to keep track of opens, click-through rates, bounce rates, follow-ups, and lead scoring. Since Aritic and EasySendy belong to the same parent organization, this makes the deal a whole lot easier for an email marketer.
20. SalesHandy: SalesHandy gives you the engagement data from the email communication you have with your prospects. It provides real-time email tracking, email open rates, response rates, email campaign engagement analytics, and attachment tracking data. These engagement statistics would enable marketers or sales professionals to make informed decisions.
21. ClickMeter: ClickMeter lets you analyze the outcome of your email campaigns against the major marketing metrics like click-throughs, open rates, unsubscribe rates, etc. With detailed insights, ClickMeter lets you optimize your email campaign for better results.
22. Rebump: Is your email follow-up eating up hours of your day, leaving little time for everything else? Are you overwhelmed trying to keep track of who is due for a follow-up and who responded already? Automate your email follow-up with Rebump and spend your valuable time on more important matters while the replies fill your inbox. Rebump will send customizable, personalized follow-up messages (bumps) at intervals of your choice until the recipient replies.
Now, you have all the basics needed to launch an email campaign, analyze the outcome and plan out strategies to make it better.
Along with identifying various tools to enhance your email campaign, you also need to focus on the integrations these tools provide. If you are associated with or own an eCommerce company, then this section is going to help you a lot.
Few integrations that complete the email marketing resources list are:
These are some handy tools that catalyze your efforts in launching a great email campaign. But do you think just tools will suffice? No. You need to do a lot more than said.
Email marketing is not a one-day wonder. You need to strategize, plan, discuss, foresee and then execute it. So, before we wrap up, we have listed down some quick tips as a part of email marketing resources.
- Email Marketing Strategy: Email marketing strategy is an overview of the entire plan that you make, enlisting what you will do and how. It consists of team roles, email content planning, template designing, email sending time, deliverability issues, Mailbox checks, etc. Here are a few guides on email marketing strategy:
- Email Marketing Strategy explained on EmailMonday
- Data-driven email marketing strategy Guide
- Beginners’ Guide to successful Email Marketing campaign from Kissmetrics
- Email Contact list segmentation based on choices: List segmentation is a vital part of your email campaign. You do not want to get blocked just because you sent irrelevant emails, do you? List segmentation helps in creating categories based on various metrics like gender, age groups, location, etc. This means you will send emails that are relevant and align with the interests of your recipients. You can also list out your subscribers based on their activities on your website or blog. The first segmentation, however, should be that of active and inactive subscribers. Here’s more on list segmentation-
- Why segmentation is important
- 50 Smart Ways to Segment your List
- 10 Quick Segmentation Strategies from Kissmetrics
- Deliverability: The very core of your email campaign’s success lies in the delivery of your emails. If your emails are landing in the junk or spam box, then your entire campaign goes in vain. But fret not. There are several healthy practices that will ensure 100 percent inbox delivery.
- 15 Best Practices for Email Delivery
- Best email practices with Amazon SES & Sendy
- 14 Tips for Inbox Delivery
- Subject Lines: Yep! That’s the first thing that will determine the fate of your email. A subject line can make or break the whole campaign.
- Tips for Best Email Subject Lines
- 101 best subject lines
- Masterguide to Effective Email Subject Lines
- Email Marketing Workflow for Lead Nurturing:
- Why Lead Nurturing is important
- 19 Lead Nurturing Email Examples You’ll Want to Steal
- 13 Email Workflows You Should Be Using in Your Marketing Automation
- 9 Steps to an Awesome Lead Nurturing Workflow
- Usage of Landing Pages
- Email Campaign Frequency
- Engaging Content to Share with your Email List: Content is KING. Your email content plays a pivotal role in convincing and establishing a connection with your recipient. Good words and a compact flow in content are what you need.
- Key Content Tips for creating email content
- How to Create Content for Email Campaigns
- Some Template Building Tools:
- EBooks and Guides to take note of:
- Guide from Zapier
- The Smart Guide to Email Marketing Conversion [Ebook]
- Email Marketing eBook
- EasySendy Pro Beginner’s Guide to Email Marketing
- How to Set Up an Email Marketing Campaign
- Successful Email Campaign Case Studies:
- 15 Best Email Campaign Examples
- 44 Epic Email Marketing Case Studies
- Top 8 Email Campaign Case Studies from MarketingSherpa
- 7 Inspirational Email Marketing Case Studies
- Abbey Woodcock On Easily Imitating Your Client’s Voice (And Smooth Systems Every Freelancer Needs). – The McMethod Email Marketing Podcast
- LiveIntent’sEverything Email Podcast
- Litmus’s Email Design Podcast
- Blogs to Follow:
- The Email Experience Council Blog
- EasySendy Blog
- Litmus Blog
These are a few handful of tools. Email marketing resources encompass a lot more than what we can pen down. The key to success is, more you research and test out, the more you benefit. We will keep updating this list from our end as and when we find a great tool. Till then, happy emailing!